In general, only Filipino citizens and corporations or partnerships with least 60% of the shares are owned by Filipinos are entitled to own or acquire land in the Philippines subject to the following exceptions:
- acquired before the 1935 Philippine Constitution
- acquired by reason of succession or inheritance (parent/s was/were Filipino citizens at the time of their death)
- purchase of not more than 40% interest in a condominium project
- Former natural-born Filipinos can own land in the Philippines, subject to limitations prescribed by Philippine Republic Act 8179 (for residence purposes- up to 1000 square meters of urban land or one hectare of rural land) and Batas Pambansa 185 (for business or investment purposes 5000 square meters of urban land or three hectares of rural land).
- Filipinos who are married to aliens who retain their Filipino citizenship, unless by their act or omission they have renounced their Filipino citizenship
Dual Citizens of the Philippines under Philippine Republic Act 9225 can own land in the Philippines without restrictions similar to foreigners or former natural-born Filipinos.
LRA Customer Service Desk
Lower Ground, LRA Central Office, East Avenue Corner NIA Road, Diliman, Quezon City
Contact Nos.: +632 925 6572 / +632 921 1383
Smart: 0949 3089481
Globe: 0916 4472120
Sun: 0923 6344574