Foreign newsmen and journalists visiting the Philippines in pursuit of their profession are required to apply for a temporary visitor’s visa (click here for requirements). The following are additional requirements for visa application of foreign newsmen, journalist, cinema/television groups:
- Curriculum vitae of newsmen/journalists;
- Shortlist of work credits;
- Copy of one (1) sample article written by the applicant;
- Background of media organization, including target market/audience, circulation, format; and
- Administrative arrangements for the work in the Philippines, as follows:
- List of members of the reportorial team, nationality and passport details;
- Planned itinerary and activities, with storyline for any films to be made;
- List of equipment to be brought by each team member, with certification from the media organization that said equipment will be re-exported at the end of the trip to the Philippines;
- Flight details (arrival and departure); and
- For each team member, one (1) photograph, sixe 1″x1″, to be submitted to the International Press Center (IPC) for the issuance of accreditation card.
Upon arrival in the Philippines, the newsmen/journalists will have to report to the IPC for accreditation.