A travel document is allowed only for applicants who cannot be issued a Philippine passport and have an emergency travel to the Philippines such as due to medical or legal reasons or death in the family.
It is valid for 30 days from issuance and can only be used one-way to the Philippines. In order for you to leave the Philippines, you will need to apply for a new passport.
Kindly bring complete and original requirements for travel document application together with sufficient photocopies.
- Airline Ticket;
- 4 pieces of 2×2 photos with white background;
- Old passport;
- Proof of Travel Urgency (e.g, Medical Certificate, Death Certificate, Subpoena Ad Testificandum)
- In case of lost passport, present the following:
- Notarized Affidavit of Loss [click here for pdf ];
- Birth Certificate or Marriage Certificate [click here if your Birth or Marriage was recorded by the Philippine Census/Philippine Statistics Authority] and any other documents like Philippine driver license, baptismal certificate, voter’s affidavit Professional Regulatory Commission Card, etc. as proof of Philippine Citizenship;
The Consular Officer reserves the right to require additional documents pursuant to the Philippine Passport Law and the Foreign Service Act .
In applying for a new passport in the Philippines, surrender the Travel Document issued by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate together the affidavit of lost passport (as the case maybe) executed at that Post.
Travel Document fee $30.00