- Personal appearance of the applicant
- Accomplished visa application form
- Passport with at least six months of validity beyond the date of departure from the Philippines
- Beginning 01 October 2016, the Consulate will accept only electronic passports and machine readable passports for visa applications. Non-machine readable passports (hand-scripted passports) will not be accepted for visa applications.
- Beginning 01 January 2017, Philippine immigration authorities will not allow entry into Philippine airports and seaports of foreign nationals holding non-machine readable passports.
- Photocopy of passport information page.
- Recent photograph, size 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm, colored and taken against a white background
- Letter from company indicating the name of the vessel to be joined and the place where the applicant will join the vessel
- Seaman’s Book and photocopy of information page.2
- Payment of visa fee (cash, cashier’s check or USPS Postal Money Order are the only acceptable forms of payment. For both cashiers check and Postal Money Order, it must be pay to the order of the Philippine Consulate in Los Angeles.)
If the applicant will be conducting a ship inspection, not join the vessel and will leave the Philippines on a commercial flight, a business visa will be issued.