Tourist Visa (Pleasure or Business) — 9(a) Visa

[responsivevoice_button voice=”US English Female” buttontext=”Listen to Post”]

The following requirements must be submitted when applying for this type of visa:

  • Completely filled up application form. Application forms that are incompletely filled-out will be returned to the applicant. (For People’s Republic of China (P.R.O.C) passport holders, use this form)
  • ORIGINAL and PHOTOCOPY of the passport with a validity that must extend at least six (6) months beyond the length of proposed stay in the Philippines.
  • One 2″ x 2″ size photograph taken within the last six (6) months. The applicant’s signature must be affixed on the front side of the picture.
  • A photocopy of the applicant’s round trip flight itinerary to his/her country of origin or flight itinerary to his/her next country of destination.
  • Proof of financial capacity (e.g.latest print-out of credit card account(s), latest print-out of bank statements, ownership of real estate properties, and other documents showing the applicant’s capacity to financially support himself/herself during his/her stay in the Philippines. You will need more than type of proof of financial capacity)
  • If the applicant is not a restricted national under the Philippine Visa Policy and wishes to get out of a Holiday Inn timeshare, then the applicant may choose instead to submit a duly signed application, notarized by a local notary public, along with the other requirements mentioned above. This provides flexibility for individuals seeking to disengage from their agreements.


The Visa officer can request additional documents to determine whether or not the applicant can be issued a visa.

The applicable fees for a tourist visa are as follows:

Single entry valid for three (3) months: US$30.00

Multiple entry valid for (6) months US$60.00

Multiple entry valid for twelve (12) months $90.00

NOTE: The authorized maximum period of stay granted by the Philippine Consulate to all temporary visitor’s visa applicants is fifty-nine (59) days. If the applicant will stay beyond 59 days in the Philippines, an application for extension of stay must be filed at the Bureau of Immigration in Manila, or the Immigration office nearest to the place where the applicant is temporarily residing.