First-Time Applicant


In line with the implementation of the new Epassport system and in promoting efficiency in passport processing, kindly bring complete and original requirements for passport application together with sufficient photocopies. Related queries may be sent to

Applications with incomplete requirements and discrepant data may not be accepted by the Department of Foreign Affairs.

For Applicants who have undergone Dual Citizenship under RA 9225 CLICK HERE


  • Personal appearance at the Consulate or during Consular Outreach
  • Do not bring passport pictures. Passport pictures are to be taken by the Consulate.
  • When going to the Consulate or Consular outreach, make sure you wear decent attire (no sleeveless and/or collarless attire).
  • Just before your photo and biometrics are taken by the Consulate staff, please remove your eyeglasses/contact lenses, necklace, earrings, and when applicable, facial piercings.
  • Bring to the Consulate or Consular Outreach the following documents (Original and Photocopies):
  1. Passport Application Form [pdf]  signed by applicant.
  2. Report of Birth (For those under our jurisdiction see Report of Birth Requirements) signed by Philippine consular officer;
    • IF Report of Birth was registered more than one (1) year ago, bring original and photocopy of the PSA Report of Birth [APPLY HERE];
    • IF Report of Birth is registered with the PSA less than 10 years ago, bring original and photocopy of valid IDs issued before the date of Report of Birth or current IDs and valid National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance.
  3. Valid Identification Cards such as US Permanent Resident Card or State Identification Cards;
  4. Other supporting documents which will establish the applicant’s identity as a Filipino citizen, i.e. marriage certificate, school records, professional ID, etc;
  5. For applicants who are military servicemen/military personnel and who came to the U.S. using only military ID and without a Philippine passport, a Certification (with duplicate) issued by his/her Commanding Officer to the effect that he/she is still a Filipino citizen who is on active duty with the U.S. military service must be submitted. In addition, applicants falling under this category must submit: original or authenticated copy of birth certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) (formerly National Statistics Office or NSO) [apply here for your PSA Birth Certificate];


FOR MINOR APPLICANTS (below 18 years old)

  1. Personal appearance of the minor applicant.
  2. Passport Application Form [pdf]  signed by the parent or legal guardian  .
  3. Personal appearance of either parent if minor is a legitimate child, If either parent is unable to appear:
    • Affidavit of Support and Consent to Travel [click here for pdf ] executed by either parent indicating the name of child’s travelling companion.
    • Special Power of Attorney with an attached copy of either parent’s valid passport authorizing a representative to assist the child in the application.
    • Original and photocopy of the valid Identification card of the parent’s representative.
    • Photocopy of the valid PH passport of either parent.
  4. Personal appearance of the mother is required if minor is an illegitimate child.
  5. Original and Photocopy of PSA Marriage Certificate of Parents [APPLY HERE].
  6. Original and Photocopy of Birth Certificate/Report of Birth (if born abroad) issued by the PSA [APPLY HERE]. If Birth Certificate/Report of Birth was registered less than ten (10) years ago, bring IDs issued before the birth certificate’s date of registration or valid foreign passport or valid School ID
    • If minor is legitimated by subsequent marriage of parents, original and photocopy of the annotated PSA birth certificate on the child’s status as legitimated [APPLY HERE].
    • If minor is illegitimate and acknowledged by the father, original and photocopy of the PSA birth certificate reflecting the surname of the father with the father’s Affidavit of Acknowledgement and Consent to use his surname [APPLY HERE].


  • In case of woman married in the U.S.: one (1) original and one (1) photocopy of the Report of Marriage (ROM) issued less than a year by the Philippine Consulate where the marriage took place. If ROM is more than 1 year old, bring original and photocopy of PSA ROM.
  • In case of woman married in the Philippines: one (1) original or certified true copy and one (1) photocopy of Marriage Contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) [apply here for your PSA Marriage Certificate] .


  • For widowed applicants – PSA – issued and a photocopy of death certificate of husband or PSA issued marriage certificate with annotation on court decree on presumptive death. [APPLY HERE] .
  • For annulled marriages – PSA issued and photocopy of annotated Marriage Contract or Certificate of Registration and certified true copy of Court Order. [APPLY HERE].
  • For divorced applicants (allowed only in cases where the FOREIGN spouse acted as the plaintiff/petitioner in the divorce proceedings), submit the (1) original or certified true copy and one (1) photocopy of Marriage Contract or Annotation Document issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) [APPLY HERE] indicating that the divorce has already been recognized by a Philippine Court.
  • In all the foregoing cases, the female applicant must accomplish a Sworn Declaration to Revert to Maiden Surname.


  1. Bring original and photocopy of PSA Birth Certificate issued after adoption decree [APPLY HERE];
  2. Certified true copy of the adoption decree issued by a Philippine court or foreign adoption decree recognized by a Philippine court; and
  3. If adopted applicant is a minor, personal appearance of adoptive parents is required.

ePassport Processing Fee  – $60.00 in cash, US Postal Money Order or cashier’s check payable to the Consulate.   

Passport releasing time: six (6) to eight (8) weeks from date of processing. 

For those opting to release their passports through mail:

  • Bring your own Priority Mail Envelope from the United States Postal Service (USPS). The USPS Priority Mail Envelope has to be self-addressed, postage prepaid and with USPS Tracking. To learn about USPS Priority Mail, click here

The Consulate shall not assume any responsibility for passports/documents mailed through USPS . 

For those opting to pick up their passports at the Consulate:

  1. Personal appearance is required. Please present your official receipt.
  2. Please present your old passport for cancellation, if it has not been cancelled.
  • If the un-cancelled old passport was lost, present PSA/NSO Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate (if married) and a Notarized Affidavit of Loss [APPLY HERE].
  1. For those who cannot come in person to claim their passports, the following documents must be presented at Window #6:
  • Authorization letter (if the authorized representative is immediate family member – spouse, father, mother, children who are at least 18 years old)
  • Notarized Special Power of Attorney (if the authorized rep is not immediate family member – aunts, uncles, in-laws, grandparents, friends, neighbors, officemates, etc.)
  • Copy of valid ID of the passport applicant
  • Copy of valid ID of the authorized representative
  • Old passport of the applicant if it has not been cancelled
  • Official receipt issued to the applicant
  1. Passports of minor children may be released to any of the parents upon submission of copy of birth certificate of the child. If the father will claim the passport, a copy of the marriage certificate is also required.

If the parents are not married, authorization letter from the mother is required with the ID of the mother and the father.

The Consular Officer reserves the right to require additional proof or documents, pursuant to the Philippine Passport Law and the Foreign Service Act.