Applicant who lost his/her Passport



In line with the implementation of the new Epassport system and in promoting efficiency in passport processing, kindly bring complete and original requirements for passport application together with sufficient photocopies. Related queries may be sent to

Applications with incomplete requirements and discrepant data may not be accepted by the Department of Foreign Affairs.


  1. Copy of Lost Passport, if available.
  2. Personal appearance and interview;
  3. Passport Application Form [pdf] signed by applicant,
  4. For Minor Applicants:
    • Passport Application Form [pdf]  signed by the parent or legal guardian.  
    • Personal appearance of either parent if minor is a legitimate child, If either parent is unable to appear: 
      • Affidavit of Support and Consent to Travel [click here for pdf ] executed by either parent indicating the name of child’s travelling companion.
      • Special Power of Attorney with an attached copy of either parent’s valid passport authorizing a representative to assist the child in the application.
      • Original and photocopy of the valid Identification card of the parent’s representative.
      • Photocopy of the valid PH passport of either parent.
    • Personal appearance of the mother is required if minor is an illegitimate child
  5.  Notarized Affidavit of Loss [PDF] giving details of circumstances surrounding the loss of the passport
  6. Police Report, if the lost passport is still valid.
  7. One (1) original and one (1) photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), formerly National Statistics Office or NSO [apply here for your birth certificate].
  8. One (1) original Marriage Contract or Report of Marriage (for marriage performed outside the Philippines) issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority for married woman who have used or will be using her husband’s last name on her passport. [apply here for your PSA/NSO Marriage Certificate]
  9. One (1) original or certified true copy and one (1) photocopy of each of other documents that may be required by the Consular Officer pursuant to R.A. 8239 & D.O. 11-97. Please submit at least two (2) of the following:
  • Form 137 (High School Record)
  • College Transcript of Record (TOR)
  • Baptismal Certificate
  • PSA Marriage Certificate (for Men)
  • PSA  Birth Certificate of Son/Daughter
  • Digitized GSIS/SSS identification card
  • Philippine Unified Multipurpose Identification Card (UMID Card)
  • LTO Driver’s License Card
  • Philippine Professional Regulation Commission Identification Card (PRC ID)
  • Philippine Overseas Workers Welfare Administration Identification Card (OWWA ID)
  • NBI Certificate
  • PNP Clearance
  • Digitized BIR Identification Card
  • IBP Identification Card
  • Philippine Senior Citizen’s Identification Card
  • Alumni Identification Card
  • Seaman’s Book,
  • Philippine Voters Identification Card
  • Philippine Land Title
  • Government Service Record
  • Any such record or identification card issue by a Philippine government agency that is acceptable to the processor


  1. Bring original and photocopy of PSA Birth Certificate issued after adoption decree; apply here for your PSA birth certificate
  2. Certified true copy of the adoption decree issued by a Philippine court or foreign adoption decree recognized by a Philippine court; and
  3. If adopted applicant is a minor, personal appearance of adoptive parents is required.

The Consular Officer reserves the right to require additional proof or documents, pursuant to the Philippine Passport Law and the Foreign Service Act.

Processing Fees (payable in cash, cashier’s check or US Postal Money Order payable to the Consulate only.)

For Lost non E-Passport (green, brown, MRP type of passports or older): US$ 90.00.

For Lost Valid or Expired E-Passport (passport with the microchip icon in front): US$ 150.00.

Processing period: Additional fifteen (15) working days on top of the  processing period of six (6) to eight (8) weeks  The additional working days is for clearance purposes with DFA in Manila.

For those opting to release their passports through mail:

  • Bring your own Priority Mail Envelope from the United States Postal Service (USPS). The USPS Priority Mail Envelope has to be self-addressed, postage prepaid and with USPS Tracking. To learn about USPS Priority Mail, click here

The Consulate shall not assume any responsibility for passports/documents mailed through USPS . 

For those opting to pick up their passports at the Consulate:

  1. Personal appearance is required. Please present your official receipt.
  2. Present PSA/NSO Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate (if married) and a Notarized Affidavit of Loss. apply here for your birth certificate
  1. For those who cannot come in person to claim their passports, the following documents must be presented at Window #6:
  • Authorization letter (if the authorized representative is immediate family member – spouse, father, mother, children who are at least 18 years old)
  • Notarized Special Power of Attorney (if the authorized rep is not immediate family member – aunts, uncles, in-laws, grandparents, friends, neighbors, officemates, etc.)
  • Copy of valid ID of the passport applicant
  • Copy of valid ID of the authorized representative
  • Old passport of the applicant if it has not been cancelled
  • Official receipt issued to the applicant
  1. Passports of minor children may be released to any of the parents upon submission of copy of birth certificate of the child. If the father will claim the passport, a copy of the marriage certificate is also required.

If the parents are not married, authorization letter from the mother is required with the ID of the mother and the father.

The Consular Officer reserves the right to require additional proof or documents, pursuant to the Philippine Passport Law and the Foreign Service Act