Spouse of a Filipino citizen (13[a]) – If the application is made by a Spouse of a Filipino Citizen, the following documentary requirements must be submitted:
- Submit Report of Marriage if contracted outside the Philippines [see Report of Marriage Requirements], if not or Report of Marriage was filed over a year from application, Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) issued Marriage Certificate [ apply here ].
- Two (2) copies of duly accomplished application form (F.A. Form No. 3). Application forms that are incompletely filled-out will be returned to the applicant.
- Valid passport (the original passport and two (2) photocopies of the passport must be submitted) whose validity must extend at least one (1) year beyond the length of proposed stay in the Philippines.
- Four (4) 2″ x 2″ size photograph taken within the last six (6) months. The applicant’s signature must be affixed on the front side of the picture.
- Medical Certificate (F.A. Form No.11) accomplished by a local physician. All supporting documents must be submitted in triplicate (three copies). A Chest x-ray plate (life-size) must accompany the certificate or in CD, together with the results for the following tests: 1) stool (ova/parasite and occult blood); 2) urinalysis; and 3) complete blood test (blood serology and chemistry).
- Local State Police clearance obtained within the last (6) months. The original and one (1) photocopy must be submitted.
- Proof of financial capacity (e.g. latest print out showing statement of credit card account(s), latest print-out of bank account statements, ownership of real estate properties, and other documents showing the applicant’s capacity to financially support himself/herself during his/her stay in the Philippines You will need more than type of proof of financial capacity)
- Personal appearance of the applicant for an interview by the consular officer.
- Payment of Immigrant Visa Fee of $150.00 cashier’s check if in person; if by mail cashier’s check or US Postal Money Order
- Proof of Philippine citizenship of Filipino spouse (e.g. Philippine passport or Philippine birth certificate)Marriage Certificate, both the original and a photocopy.
- Original and two (2) photocopies of the applicants Birth Certificate
- Original and photocopy of a notarized letter from the Filipino spouse requesting or petitioning the issuance of an immigrant visa to his/her foreign spouse.
- Proof of Philippine citizenship of Filipino Spouse (Philippine passport or birth certificate).
Unmarried Children under 21 years old of a Filipino citizen (13-a)
- Same as requirements (1) to (14) above (requirements for spouses of Filipino citizens)
- Birth Certificate of the child or a certified true copy thereof.
- Proof of Filipino citizenship of a parent such as current Philippine passport, birth certificate or baptismal certificate, etc.
- Sworn Statement of Financial Support executed by parents
The Visa officer can request additional documents to determine whether or not the applicant can be issued a visa.
Mailing Fee of $24 in US Postal Money Order or Prepaid Self Addressed US Postal Service Priority Mail Express Envelope
Philippine Consulate General shall not assume any responsibility for documents which have been mailed through the U.S. Postal Service or Courier Service