First-Time Applicant

In line with the implementation of the new Epassport system and in promoting efficiency in passport processing, kindly bring complete and original requirements for passport application together with sufficient photocopies. Related queries may be sent to

Applications with incomplete requirements and discrepant data may not be accepted by the Department of Foreign Affairs.


  1. Personal appearance is required in all cases.
  2. Do not bring passport pictures. Passport pictures are to be taken by the Consulate.
  3. Wear decent attire (no sleeveless and/or collarless attire) and without eyeglasses/contact lenses. No facial piercings allowed.
  4. Report of Birth (See Report of Birth Requirements); original and one (1) photocopy.
  5. Passport Application Form [click here for pdf ]  signed by applicant, or in case of minor below 18 years old, signed by the parent or legal guardian  .
  6. For applicants who are military servicemen/military personnel and who came to the U.S. using only military ID and without a Philippine passport, a Certification (with duplicate) issued by his/her Commanding Officer to the effect that he/she is still a Filipino citizen who is on active duty with the U.S. military service must be submitted. In addition, applicants falling under this category must submit:
  • original or authenticated copy of birth certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) (formerly National Statistics Office or NSO) [apply here for your PSA Birth Certificate];
  •  other supporting documents which will establish the applicant’s identity as a Filipino citizen, i.e. marriage certificate, school records, professional ID, etc.

For Applicants who have undergone Dual Citizenship under RA 9225 CLICK HERE

For Minor Applicants (below 18 years old):

  • Personal appearance of the minor applicant.
  • Personal appearance of either parent if minor is a legitimate child, If either parent is unable to appear:
    • Affidavit of Support and Consent to Travel [click here for pdf ] executed by either parent indicating the name of child’s travelling companion.
    • Special Power of Attorney with an attached copy of either parent’s valid passport authorizing a representative to assist the child in the application.
    • Original and photocopy of the valid Identification card of the parent’s representative.
    • Photocopy of the valid PH passport of either parent.
  • Personal appearance of the mother is required if minor is an illegitimate child.
  • Original and Photocopy of PSA Marriage Certificate of Parents.
  • Original and Photocopy of Birth Certificate/Report of Birth (if born abroad) issued by the PSA.
    • If minor is legitimated by subsequent marriage of parents, original and photocopy of the annotated PSA birth certificate on the child’s status as legitimated.
    • If minor is illegitimate and acknowledged by the father, original and photocopy of the PSA birth certificate reflecting the surname of the father with the father’s Affidavit of Acknowledgement and Consent to use his surname.
    • If minor is legally adopted:
      • original and photocopy of PSA birth certificate before adoption
      • original and photocopy of PSA brith certificate after adoption
      • Certified True Copy of the Court Decision or Order of Adoption and Certificate of Finality

Additional Requirements for a Married Woman using her Husband’s Surname for the first time:

  • In case of woman married in the U.S.: one (1) original and one (1) photocopy of the Report of Marriage (ROM) issued by the Philippine Consulate where the marriage took place.
  • In case of woman married in the Philippines: one (1) original or certified true copy and one (1) photocopy of Marriage Contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) [apply here for your PSA Marriage Certificate] .

Additional Requirements for  a Married Woman who used her Husband’s Surname but is now a widow or her marriage dissolved through court processes:

  • For widowed applicants – PSA – issued and a photocopy of death certificate of husband or PSA issued marriage certificate with annotation on court decree on presemptive death. [APPLY HERE] .
  • For annulled marriages – PSA issued and photocopy of annotated Marriage Contract or Certificate of Registration and certified true copy of Court Order. [APPLY HERE].
  • For divorced applicants (allowed only in cases where the FOREIGN spouse acted as the plaintiff/petitioner in the divorce proceedings), submit the (1) original or certified true copy and one (1) photocopy of Marriage Contract or Annotation Document issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) [APPLY HERE] indicating that the divorce has already been recognized by a Philippine Court.
  • In all the foregoing cases, the female applicant must accomplish a Sworn Declaration to Revert to Maiden Surname.

ePassport Processing Fee  – $60.00 in cash, US Postal Money Order or cashier’s check payable to the Consulate.   

Bring your own self-addressed and postage prepaid USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope as the return envelope when you want the passport/s mailed. Check the USPS webpage about priority mail here: USPS PRIORITY MAIL WEBPAGE

With the USPS tracking number. you can track your passport at USPS TRACKING [click here for link to USPS tracking] beginning 10 weeks from processing date.   

The Consulate shall not assume any responsibility for passports/documents mailed through USPS . 

Passport releasing time takes 10 weeks from date of processing. 

The Consular Officer reserves the right to require additional proof or documents, pursuant to the Philippine Passport Law and the Foreign Service Act.