Under the Implementing Rules and Regulations of Philippine Civil Registration Laws, a supplemental report using the appropriate form maybe filed to supply information inadvertently omitted when the document was registered. The supplemental report may be filed by the parent/guardian or the party concerned, if of age, who shall execute an affidavit indicating the entry/ies missed in the registration and the reasons why there was a failure in supplying the required entry.
The filing of the supplemental reports and the affidavit of explanation shall be subject to the following restrictions:
- The “Medical certificate” in the Report of Death and Report of Fetal Death and all applicable certifications contained in the Report of Marriage should be accomplished correctly and completely before registration. Hence, no supplemental report having reference to the mentioned certificates is acceptable.
- The supplemental report shall not be used in any manner to change or to to circumvent the provision of Article 412 of the Civil Code of the Philippines which prohibits any change or correction of an entry in the civil register without judicial order or through administrative correction under Republic Act No. 9048 as amended
- The Civil Registry Section shall accept only one supplemental report for not more than two omitted information in any registered event. In cases where there are more than two omitted information, all papers related thereto shall be forwarded to the Office of the Civil Registrar-General.
LINKS TO FORMS:
- Supplemental Report of Birth and Affidavit of Explanation
- Supplemental Report of Death and Affidavit of Explanation
- Supplemental Report of Marriage and Affidavit of Explanation