Please take note that the consular officer may require additional documents upon assessment of the application, depending on the circumstances of the applicant’s birth, marriage or death. Factors such as citizenship, previous civil status and others may affect the status of your application. Please leave your contact details so that the consular officer or consular assistant can reach you immediately. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for queries regarding your application.
Procedures and Requirements:
IF THE DECEASED DIED A FILIPINO CITIZEN: comply with numbers 1 to 8.
IF THE DECEASED DIED IS A FOREIGNER: comply with numbers 2 to 8.
1. Four (4) original copies of the Duly accomplished Report of Death; [Report of Death Requirements here]
2. Original and five (5) photocopies of Certificate of Death;
3. Original and a photocopy of the Burial Transit Permit;
4. Original and a photocopy of the Health Certificate issued by the Department of Health stating that death was not due to a contagious disease and/or that the human remains do not pose any danger to public health.
5. Original copy and a photocopy of the Mortuary Certification that the casket contains only the human remains of the deceased or Crematory Certificate that the urn contains only the ashes of the deceased (notarized). The Certificate must state that the remains was embalmed/cremated in accordance with state or local laws;
6. Details of transportation arrangements ( 1 ORIGINAL AND 1 PHOTOCOPY):
a. Flight details;
b. Address and phone number of the consignee in the Philippines;
c. Address and phone number of the next-of-kin in the United States and in the Philippines;
7. Original copy and a photocopy of the Passport or any other form of identification (Birth certificate/State Identification, etc.) of the foreign decesead; For Filipinos, 1 original and 6 photocopies of the Passport or any other form of identification (Birth certificate/State Identification, etc.)
8. Payment of US$50.00 for Philippine passport holder or US$25.00 for American passport holder. Payment should be in cash, postal money order or cashiers’ check only if in person.
9. Whether in person or by mail, bring your own or use the USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope (or Box if you have really thick documents) that is self-addressed and postage prepaid as the return envelope. Check the USPS webpage about priority mail here: USPS PRIORITY MAIL WEBPAGE
9. Releasing Time
a. APPLICATION SUBMITTED PERSONALLY (duly accomplished application form and all requirements):
Processing Time Releasing Time
(Based on Receipt)
9:00 am – 12:00 pm 3:00pm-5:00pm (Same Working Day)
12:01 pm – 3:00 pm 3:00pm – 5:00pm (Next Working Day)
b. APPLICATION SUBMITTED THROUGH MAIL OR COURIER – The Report of Death/Certification is mailed five (5) working days after receipt by the Consulate of the duly accomplished application form and all requirements.